Jump to content

The Darkness That Comes Before Discussion

Live Streams
Steve

Event details

Discussing The Darkness That Comes Before, the first book in the Prince of Nothing trilogy.

 

Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Comments

Hey @Steve and @Jolien Reads I made a booboo. We have scheduled my son's birthday party for this day, so I won't be available. Would you mind rescheduling? I'm available the following 2 weekends.

Share this comment


Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

Hey @Steve and @Jolien Reads I made a booboo. We have scheduled my son's birthday party for this day, so I won't be available. Would you mind rescheduling? I'm available the following 2 weekends.

Sure, @Jolien Reads let us know if the following two weekends would work for you

Share this comment


Link to comment

@Jolien Readsand @Steve I'm just throwing this out there. Can we check with the other potential guests for this buddy read and see how everyone feels about another postponement? 😬😬😬 I would be happy to have some more time to read this book before we discuss, but if everyone else is ready to go then let's do this.

Share this comment


Link to comment

How much of a postpone were you thinking?  Sounds like @Jolien Reads has been busy lately too just let me know when works for you.  I haven’t started my re read yet so I’m in no rush 

Share this comment


Link to comment

@Steve@Stacyejaye I'm fine with postponing, like Steve said I am a bit behind on all the readalongs so I was going to start this week but have no issue with meeting up at a later timepoint! But July would be difficult... Or at least: I have 3 weeks off so in the middle of the week would work for me as well since I don't have to get up early etc, but the weekends are pretty full with other stuff at the time we usually meet up. Only the 30-31st of July I'm still free...

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

@Steve@Stacyejaye I'm fine with postponing, like Steve said I am a bit behind on all the readalongs so I was going to start this week but have no issue with meeting up at a later timepoint! But July would be difficult... Or at least: I have 3 weeks off so in the middle of the week would work for me as well since I don't have to get up early etc, but the weekends are pretty full with other stuff at the time we usually meet up. Only the 30-31st of July I'm still free...

We can plan for sometime in July or push it to the end of the month.  Shoot some dates over and we’ll find one 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Steve said:

We can plan for sometime in July or push it to the end of the month.  Shoot some dates over and we’ll find one 

I'm ok with the last weekend, but I'm also free in the late afternoon on Monday and Tuesday. So we can do 18 or 19 at or after 4pm CST. I am open all day on July 30 and 31st. 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Going to be honest, just looked at my July TBR and I don't know if I'll be able to. With Malazan, Stormlight Archive, and the other readalongs/buddyreads I'm failing ( :P ) I don't know if it's smart to add a big one like this to the list. I'd rather make sure I'm done in time for the Malazan meetup than try too much and not finish either one. I'm completely fine with you guys moving forward with the readalong and I'll jump on if I magically manage to pick it up towards the end of the month, but I can't make any promises.

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 6/24/2022 at 3:25 PM, Jolien Reads said:

Going to be honest, just looked at my July TBR and I don't know if I'll be able to. With Malazan, Stormlight Archive, and the other readalongs/buddyreads I'm failing ( :P ) I don't know if it's smart to add a big one like this to the list. I'd rather make sure I'm done in time for the Malazan meetup than try too much and not finish either one. I'm completely fine with you guys moving forward with the readalong and I'll jump on if I magically manage to pick it up towards the end of the month, but I can't make any promises.

No worries Jolien!  We like these to be stress free so completely understand if you aren't able to find time.

@Stacyejaye are you reading this one? We can scrap the idea for a meetup if it's not for you or you can't squeeze it in.

Share this comment


Link to comment
23 hours ago, Steve said:

No worries Jolien!  We like these to be stress free so completely understand if you aren't able to find time.

@Stacyejaye are you reading this one? We can scrap the idea for a meetup if it's not for you or you can't squeeze it in.

I don't think I will get to this anytime soon. I am not reading much right now. It will probably be hard for me to finish this and the first half of House of Chains. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, Stacyejaye said:

I don't think I will get to this anytime soon. I am not reading much right now. It will probably be hard for me to finish this and the first half of House of Chains. 

No problem, hope the reading slump ends soon!

Share this comment


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...