Steve

Share Your Book Hauls

Yes, Children Of Hurin is in the same universe as LOTR. The events are mentioned in The Silmarillion. Not sure if this will be in the upcoming show. It’s set several thousand years before LOTR. 

I’ve only been reading and rereading The Hobbit, LOTR, and The Silmarillion all these years. I wanted to read some of Tolkien’s other work. Thought I’d start with this book as it’s the earliest in the timeline.

1 hour ago, Stacyejaye said:

I got approved for this ARC! Only 8% into the story, but I really like it.

Polish_20220107_120441922.jpg

I'm jelly.

8 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

Someone I know wanted to throw these away. They now have a new home with me :P

So many great books!  11/22/63!

I've heard the Orcs series is really good.  Plus you grabbed The Road and some Sherlock Holmes books, too.  That's a great find.

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

10 hours ago, Harfoot Fallohide said:

After my long workday, I came home to my Amazon order. Haven't read much Asimov. Just the first Foundation book. These are all short stories. I'll fit them in on my Monday reads.image0.thumb.jpeg.45170a0e4c69f88aa717a6437da143ad.jpeg

I think @John (Hey Y'all Listen Up) has been reading Asimov lately, too

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Cool, I gave John a follow on You Tube. Sean D. Standfast is doing a big Asimov readthrough of the future history this year. I'm not reading everything. Just wanted to jump in for a few stories. Should be fun to watch. 

Nice!  I read The Complete Robot at the end of 2020 and I have a review on my channel along with two other of his short story collections.  Earlier this month I finished book 4 of his Robot series.  I have a series review recorded and hopefully I can release the review next week.  Asimov's Empire Series is next, but I may take a few months before I start it.

Cool, I’ll look up the videos. Just finished reading Someday. With people in the story relying on videos from computers for all their information, they’ve even forgotten how to read and write, and discount older tales. It’s scary because I know people who are like that today. The story Someday is the extreme end result. I love it.

FIyLikNVUAAbw4U.jpgFIyL7plVkAEFcu3.jpg

Finished the Cannibal Creator digital ARC yesterday and talked to Chad Lutzke only to find the physical copy waiting for me in the mailbox after.  Also, @Brian Bowyer's new book, ROAD NARROWS

Steve IRL

2 hours ago, Harfoot Fallohide said:

I'm DNF'n this. Didn't hold my interest. I'm more into my Asimov robot book. 🤖 And I started a reread of The Iliad today.

I didn't enjoy Al Systems Red, either.  Don't get what the fuss is about that book or series.

Seinfeld Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

Steve IRL

A bittersweet book haul today. The secondary Barnes & Noble I go to is going out of business soon. First time I'm actually kind of bummed out about getting 50% off on books. Always a sad day when a bookstore closes.

20220118_233517.jpg

20220118_233553.jpg

20220118_233626.jpg

20220118_233649.jpg

20220118_233743.jpg