Steve

Share Your Book Hauls

On 1/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, Harfoot Fallohide said:

Great haul. I heard Stan Nicholls Orcs series was supposed to be really good.

I haven't read these novels yet, but he did a graphic novel adaptation, "Orcs: Forged for War" that I remember being pretty good

And my latest paperback haul (excuse my shelves, I need to dust):

20220128_080305.jpg

My Hobbit Alan Lee Sketchbook finally arrived in the mail. Also got a couple books at Barnes & Noble. I'll be reading The Dark Wind for March Mystery Madness. I liked the old movie with Lou Diamond Phillips back in 91'.  It popped up on another Book Tube channel. After reading that, I'll have to rewatch the movie. Also got the WW1 book cuz I'm a history nerd.

image0[239].jpeg

On 1/29/2022 at 1:02 AM, Steve said:

Reading Hall of Bones and hopefully Drowned Kingdom next month 

I'm gonna try to get to both soon. May push A Drowned Kingdom off a bit (seeing as the audiobook is supposed to be coming soon)

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

I'm gonna try to get to both soon. May push A Drowned Kingdom off a bit (seeing as the audiobook is supposed to be coming soon)

Hope to get to Hall of Bones soon.  The audio book for A Drowned Kingdom is a week or two away iirc

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

The Elric saga is being rereleased this year. Haven’t read them in over 20 years. My old paperbacks are long gone. It’ll be fun getting back into this series. Also wanted to support a Book Tuber I watch named David Wiley. He writes fantasy, so I wanted to check out a short story collection and full length he released.

D4F2B4A5-FAC8-4DD7-B765-03B81641F364.jpeg

2DE5DD18-F7D2-47BD-9904-B9CB5AA4CD5D.jpeg

CFDE230E-04CF-4EEF-9C8C-911AD098626E.jpeg

Got a few more books to read on my iPad. While reading Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman's Dragon Wing book, I remembered they did some D&D books. So I picked up the first book in the Dragon Lance series. Never read any of these. I used to see them in every book store. I also got Quag Keep. Which is the first official D&D novel. I also got Black Stone Heart by, Michael R. Fletcher. After reading Death at the Pass for part of the short story book this month, I wanted to continue with his other books connecting to that story.

image1[248].png

image0[247].png

image2[249].png

Yes! Black Stone Heart continues the story of Khraen. I really liked this character and how he seemed angry at the Necromancer for using bad military tactics when commanding the army of the Dead. Not sure if we'll see it in these other books. But I like the idea of an Undead General leading an Undead Army, but using what he knows about warfare, and not just throwing zombies at the enemy.

I may be just a little sad that I finished reading  through everything Mariana Zapata has written… I guess I’ll have to just start over and read them again! This time buying the books because I read them in kindle unlimited before. She is my favorite author 🥰

780480B8-3CDC-4BF3-B9FF-F1B1A99FBCF7.jpeg

Brandie

Currently Reading:

Lady of the Lake

The Wreckage of Us

22 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

photo_2022-04-09_18-08-20.jpg

Ooooo.  When will you be reading it?

Picked up this copy of Obsidian Awakening from Amazon, it was an ebook previously.  The construction and presentation are top notch, I'm impressed. 

FP_05EOaAAQksa0.jpg

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I think I'll try to start it in July. I should be able to finish a couple of series by then, so perfect time to start a new one :D Seems like it's going to be a quick read!