Steve

What are you currently reading?

I was hoping to do a read along for the first two books and plan it around the third books release, but we aren't sure when that will happen so going to get through the first two, I'm too impatient

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Need a break from all the fantasy and fantasy to come, so reading (and listening to) This Paper World

paperworld.jpg

and Darkest Hours: Expanded Edition

DHpromofront.jpg

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

That's my next audio book to pick up! I do need to refresh my memory a little bit since I can't remember the names of the characters...

I'm currently reading Skullsworn (bit of a disappointment) and A Court of Mist and Fury and listening to Iron Gold :D I think I'll be able to finish those by the weekend and then I'll finally be able to pick up Valor!

8 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

That's my next audio book to pick up! I do need to refresh my memory a little bit since I can't remember the names of the characters...

I'm currently reading Skullsworn (bit of a disappointment) and A Court of Mist and Fury and listening to Iron Gold :D I think I'll be able to finish those by the weekend and then I'll finally be able to pick up Valor!

I thought I would need a refresher as well for the Poppy War, but the names are pretty distinctive and there aren't too many so I wasn't totally lost

Steve IRL

I'm starting to understand why The Poppy War was structured the way it was now that I'm halfway through The Dragon Republic.  Enjoying the story and characters much more, and I think my score for Poppy War will go up...

Steve IRL

On 6/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, Bailey Power said:

On the last 100  pages of Stormlight  archive Oathbringer and its been a struggle.  Also on page 550 of  Blood Song and its  been enjoyable ;has lot elements I like in my fantasy.

Are you starting Tower Lord as well?

Finished Things Have Gotten Worse Since We Last Spoke last night and it... wasn't very good.

Starting Ruin probably tonight

Steve IRL

I'm reading Beyond Redemption. It took me a while to get into it, the world and magic is very interesting but the plot and the characters weren't really anything I was invested in the first 100 pages. However beyond that... Such a cool premise and probably at this point one of the darkest books I've read but I'm really enjoying myself. I don't think it'll be a 5 star just because I like a little bit more worldbuilding/character background but just for the originality alone it deserves a lot of points.

I'm also listening to Fool's Fate, almost at the end now but I'm listening on audiobook when I'm driving normally and I had to stop that because I kept tearing up. :P So I'll need to finish it when I'm doing chores in the house. Very good ofcourse, as all of Robin Hobb's books. I hope to finish this one today and start Burning God tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

33A808C4-08AF-48A3-B4A7-855BE37EF7BF.jpeg

I should be sleeping but even just 15 pages in and I don’t want to stop

I started Tower Lord a couple days ago and am really enjoying it!! Don’t know if I like it as much as Blood Song so far, but it’s definitely got my interest.

2 hours ago, Mitch Simoes said:

I started Tower Lord a couple days ago and am really enjoying it!! Don’t know if I like it as much as Blood Song so far, but it’s definitely got my interest.

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

33A808C4-08AF-48A3-B4A7-855BE37EF7BF.jpeg

I should be sleeping but even just 15 pages in and I don’t want to stop

I’m about 40% in, I’m enjoying it. The changes in perspective are actually not bothering me at all, I’m really liking the different viewpoints

Brandie

Currently Reading:

Lady of the Lake

The Wreckage of Us

I am in the middle of... Too many books at the moment.

The Forgotten Kingdom by Signe Pike (audiobook, buddy read so I will wait a bit until the other person has catched up)

The Wolf and the Woodsman (audiobook to listen to while waiting :P )

Mirror's Truth (physical, will probably pick up again this weekend)

Blade of Fortriu (physical, was not on the schedule but really wanted to read some Juliet Marillier, will probably finish before the weekend)

I don't know why I'm doing this to myself