Steve

What are you currently reading?

Started Dark Sea's End and I'm really liking it, only 70 pages in though, but still.

Spoiler

I had NO IDEA Ruke was going to be in this one. I thought it was hundreds of years after the original trilogy so this was a pleasant surprise. I really like Chang and I'm currently at the part of the story where Ruka saved him from the shark. It's so good!

13 hours ago, Austrian Spencer said:

I've just finished Lily, and Cannibal creator, going onto Flesh Rehearsal from Brian Bowyer, The Hay Bale from Priscilla Betis and then Queen of teeth from Hailey Piper.

Some great books!  Reading the Hay Bale this week.  Did you start your YouTube channel?

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

On 1/13/2022 at 8:03 PM, Steve said:

Next up: Gunmetal Gods

78CCFC37-DC18-457B-B06D-E7A51C74FEBA.jpeg

I started the audiobook of Gunmetal Gods at work a few days ago. It's really good so far (about 1/3 of the way through). Had to take a break for a bit though, nothing to do with the book, just been in a bit of a funk and finding if hard to concentrate on it, had to switch to music for a bit. Hopefully get back to it next week.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I started the audiobook of Gunmetal Gods at work a few days ago. It's really good so far (about 1/3 of the way through). Had to take a break for a bit though, nothing to do with the book, just been in a bit of a funk and finding if hard to concentrate on it, had to switch to music for a bit. Hopefully get back to it next week.

Gunmetal Gods is really good.  I get in those funks sometimes too that it's hard to concentrate. 

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Altered my reading schedule a bit this week. I can't stick to just one book. Any of you guys do this? Every so often one book completely takes my interest and everything else gets put on hold. As for now, I'm sticking to a pretty good schedule. Today I made it mid-way through The Edge of the World in The Last Wish. This one is surprising me so far. The interactions between Geralt and the villagers are funny as hell. I wasn't expecting this.

S - The Iliad

M - Vampire Hunter D/The Butchering Art

T - The Last Wish/The Complete Robot

W - The Last Wish/The Complete Robot

F - The Lord of the Rings/Lone Wolf and Cub: Omnibus 1

S - The Lord of the Rings/Lone Wolf and Cub: Omnibus 1

Unless it’s a short story collection i usually stick with one book at a time.  Especially with fantasy books, I get names confused.  

But with a short story collection I can read a story or two then switch 

Steve IRL

12 hours ago, Harfoot Fallohide said:

S - The Iliad

M - Vampire Hunter D/The Butchering Art

W - The Last Wish/The Complete Robot

F - The Lord of the Rings/Lone Wolf and Cub: Omnibus 1

S - The Lord of the Rings/Lone Wolf and Cub: Omnibus 1

This is so interesting.   I haven't ever thought of doing something like this, but I was just sitting down to try to plan out some kind of weekly reading plan for February.  I think that'll help me stay more on task and not always feel like I'm sprinting through my reading.  I think this is a really cool way of doing it.  If you don't do what's on the list, do you have a backup plan or is it pretty easy to stick with what you've planned??

I usually can't read multiple books in the same genre because I start to get things confused.  I usually have multiple books going, but they are not anything alike or I'll just get things confused.  Right now I am reading too many all at the same time and I'm working on getting that down and trying to keep it manageable! :)

3 hours ago, Amanda Feeser said:

This is so interesting.   I haven't ever thought of doing something like this, but I was just sitting down to try to plan out some kind of weekly reading plan for February.  I think that'll help me stay more on task and not always feel like I'm sprinting through my reading.  I think this is a really cool way of doing it.  If you don't do what's on the list, do you have a backup plan or is it pretty easy to stick with what you've planned??

No back up plan. I stick with the list, unless I DNF a book. If I add a book, I just drop the 3 day read to 2. And put the new one in that spot.

3 hours ago, Amanda Feeser said:

I usually can't read multiple books in the same genre because I start to get things confused.  I usually have multiple books going, but they are not anything alike or I'll just get things confused.  Right now I am reading too many all at the same time and I'm working on getting that down and trying to keep it manageable! :)

Same genre can get confusing. I try to keep a Sci-Fi and fantasy book on the same day so I don't get confused. I'm used to watching several different TV shows, and following the storyline without much confusion. I look at reading the same way.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:51 PM, Steve said:

Some great books!  Reading the Hay Bale this week.  Did you start your YouTube channel?

Yes! Sorry, this took ages to see. But I know you saw the channel 🤜🤛Will have the next video up on monday/tuesday at the latest.

16 hours ago, Austrian Spencer said:

Yes! Sorry, this took ages to see. But I know you saw the channel 🤜🤛Will have the next video up on monday/tuesday at the latest.

Feel free to post the videos here in the videos section, let me know if you need a hand

Steve IRL

My current reread of The Iliad got me thinking back to some of the Hercules books I read in the late 90s. I picked up Hercules: The Wrath of Poseidon by, John Gregory Betancourt on iBooks to read on my iPad. I think these were the only Hercules books at the time that weren't connected to the Legendary Journeys tv show. Even the cover art was closer to the classic Steve Reeves Hercules. That's what caught my eye. Just read the first chapter. Starts in the middle of his adventure with Jason and the Argonauts. So far it's a fun reread, 20+ years later.

Hercules.jpg