Steve

Welcome New Members

Hello everyone. My name really is Mike. This forum was recommended on Reddit so I thought I would give it a try. I was a bit of a bookworm when I was younger but the internet  and other things brought that to a halt about 5 years ago. I used to spend time on forums like this back in the before-fore times and feel like sites like this could maintain some civility on the internet. 

I started reading again recently, old favorites and I read my first William Gibson novel, Virtual Light. Made it through the biography of F1 champ Damon Hill, too. That feels like an accomplishment because I had wanted to read it for *years*. Pretty sure I will read another Gibson novel next but I am trying to be more productive. So maybe I need to use the reading as a reward.

12 minutes ago, MikeSmith said:

Hello everyone. My name really is Mike. This forum was recommended on Reddit so I thought I would give it a try. I was a bit of a bookworm when I was younger but the internet  and other things brought that to a halt about 5 years ago. I used to spend time on forums like this back in the before-fore times and feel like sites like this could maintain some civility on the internet. 

I started reading again recently, old favorites and I read my first William Gibson novel, Virtual Light. Made it through the biography of F1 champ Damon Hill, too. That feels like an accomplishment because I had wanted to read it for *years*. Pretty sure I will read another Gibson novel next but I am trying to be more productive. So maybe I need to use the reading as a reward.

Hey Mike and welcome to our little corner of the internet.  

We read Neuromancer last year and I had just mentioned wanting to give it a re-read.  Have you read it?

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

11 hours ago, MikeSmith said:

Thanks for the welcome :). No I haven't read Neuromancer. That's his most famous book, right? I bet you guys loved it.

It was a mixed bag for us, was a little hard to follow.  There were some really great portions but overall I think all of us were a little lost.  Wouldn't mind giving it a re-read someday though.  It's still on the shelf.

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero