Jolien Reads

Bookish Secret Santa?

1 hour ago, bookchara said:

So, are we waiting to open these all together? What's the plan? Sorry if I missed it in a previous comment 🙈

Good question. I got my package yesterday. I was assuming we were going to wait to open it at the Dec 1 live stream

2 hours ago, Stacyejaye said:

Good question. I got my package yesterday. I was assuming we were going to wait to open it at the Dec 1 live stream

I think the deadline was November 15th, but after we knew our names it was a green light but wait until the stream to open.  It will be a bit of a guessing game until then as to what is a gift and what is the book addiction

2 minutes ago, Lauren ~ Paperback Empire said:

I probably missed this info somewhere, but is there a price limit? Prices are all over the place... I'd like to get my person more than one book if they have mostly mm paperbacks on their list, but would that be weird?

I think we were shooting for $20 but I hope it's not a hard rule, I'll probably go a little over as well.

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I set the price at 20 so you know that's what you can expect +-, if you want to give more ofcourse you are allowed to do that! :)

It would be nice if we can open our packages together. We're a big group so it might not work out, but we can try at least! Deadline to buy a gift is the first of December but I'm not sure if everyone has added their wishlist yet... I'll have a look today and make a post with all the wishlists together.

2 hours ago, Sapph said:

Already received my book. I now sit patiently staring at the box until its time to open.

Me too, it's kinda like torture.

Daniel Radcliffe Torture GIF by Dark Ages

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

2 hours ago, HansLibraryCorner said:

I also got my book early this week! Someone in my house already opened the package to see what it is inside (when from the outside you could feel it was only really a book) but I haven't seen the specific book yet so I'm hyped to open it properly next week 👀 Too excited for this!

That's some self control, well done!

Steve IRL

On 11/27/2021 at 1:31 PM, Ashley/ReadNowSleepLtr said:

My husband opened mine up and read the message to me 🤦‍♀️. I’m going ask him to hide it so I can’t see what it looks like even though he spoiled it for me 🤣. I still don’t know who it’s from though so I’m excited to figure out who it is and thank them ❤️❤️

Update: my present wasn’t spoiled but I’m having a hard time using self restraint… 

Should we try to plan a day to meet up and open gifts 🎁?  With a big group it’s tough to grab everyone but I’m guessing earlier in the day for our friends overseas

Steve IRL

So... I'm in a couple of different swaps like this, and I'm wondering if we can just get a list of everyone's name because I don't know everyone, and I'm not sure if I got a gift from this exchange or another one! :)

13 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Should we try to plan a day to meet up and open gifts 🎁?  With a big group it’s tough to grab everyone but I’m guessing earlier in the day for our friends overseas

I hope we can make it work! I'm free between Christmas an New year and don't have anything planned the 26, 28, 29, and 30th :P So if the afternoon/evening on one of those days would work for you... Since I don't have to work I don't have to get up early.

12 hours ago, Amanda Feeser said:

So... I'm in a couple of different swaps like this, and I'm wondering if we can just get a list of everyone's name because I don't know everyone, and I'm not sure if I got a gift from this exchange or another one! :)

List of people (I think it's complete, let me know if I missed someone)

Hans

Jolien

Steve (Lasraik)

Brandie

Stacey

Ashley

Lauren

Ercy

Amanda

Danielle (Bookchara)

Saphh

Do I need to keep this package secret from myself till Christmas? 😆 
I can do most of the days Jolien describes too, my work is closed for a week! Can't say if I have impromptu friend meetups or something though! But for now those are a go (especially if they are at night for Americans, so the morning for me)

10 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

I hope we can make it work! I'm free between Christmas an New year and don't have anything planned the 26, 28, 29, and 30th :P So if the afternoon/evening on one of those days would work for you... Since I don't have to work I don't have to get up early.

I available except for the 29th. 

5 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

The 31st I'm apparently hosting a small party (which basically means people invited themselves over 😅) so I will probably be pretty busy at 3PM already. I think that's too early for most of you?

That would be earlier in the morning.  Maybe we should meet before Christmas? 🎄 

Steve IRL