Book Review: Edge of the Breach by Halo Scot by Steve

Read Now

New Blog Post: The Winter Road Review

Read Now
Sign in to follow this  
Steve

War for The Rose Throne Begins in April

15 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

I don't think I can change it? You made the event :P Or is there a way that I can?

You should be able to, that's weird. 

What time did you want to change it to?

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

9 hours ago, Steve said:

You should be able to, that's weird. 

What time did you want to change it to?

Can you do 2 hours earlier? :D I think that would work out for everyone

I came here to say how much I'm LOVING this book and I'm sad I'm not going to make the livestream.  I will hopefully be able to be in the comments to chat, but I'll have to have one of my sons do the typing for me because I'll be driving! :)  

This book is so good, and I'm loving all the characters and how fleshed out they seem right from the beginning.  I was worried when I realized we would have multiple groups of people to get to know, but it's been easy and I just love it!!

Well, I finished it tonight.  It was really good.  It's really dark, but it's good.  The repetitiveness of the middle was a little slow, but I'm still going with 4.5 stars for it.  And I can't wait for the discussion.  

On 4/11/2022 at 7:36 PM, Amanda Feeser said:

Well, I finished it tonight.  It was really good.  It's really dark, but it's good.  The repetitiveness of the middle was a little slow, but I'm still going with 4.5 stars for it.  And I can't wait for the discussion.  

Nice!

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Going to be honest here, I don't really know if I want to continue with this one 😅 It's not that I thought the first one was bad, but (for me at least) maybe average at best? I can't say that I care too much about what's going to happen next... I'm not saying I'm never going back to the series but at this point I don't see myself reading one book per month and not dread the experience at the end of the road.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:03 AM, Jolien Reads said:

Going to be honest here, I don't really know if I want to continue with this one 😅 It's not that I thought the first one was bad, but (for me at least) maybe average at best? I can't say that I care too much about what's going to happen next... I'm not saying I'm never going back to the series but at this point I don't see myself reading one book per month and not dread the experience at the end of the road.

No worries!  Time is precious and nothing wrong with passing if a series isn't for you.

We can maybe do a big stream at the end for whoever is interested in doing that or just read on our own and not worry about the streams at all.

Steve IRL