Sign in to follow this  
Steve

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power – Teaser Trailer

Well, what do you think?

A couple of things.

1.) It doesn't look good, I'm getting some serious Wheel of Time vibes from this trailer.

2.) I'm going to watch it anyway

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

On 2/14/2022 at 5:27 PM, Steve said:

Well, what do you think?

A couple of things.

1.) It doesn't look good, I'm getting some serious Wheel of Time vibes from this trailer.

2.) I'm going to watch it anyway

I'm going to watch it. And yes, it's going to be a bitch trying to avoid all the trailers and marketing. I'm going in as blind as possible as to lower my expectations so low, that it's going to be good!

I like how it looks to be honest :D CGI and colour gradient is a lot better (at least from the trailer) than what I've seen in Wheel of Time. Or it's just more my personal taste, doesn't look as cheap. I'm excited! Rewatching the movies now haha.

I think the trailer looks good with the effects and action shots. Just not going to get my hopes up.  At this point I'm just hoping for an entertaining fantasy show. Don't even care how close it is to any of the books.

Just went down the You Tube rabbit hole. The more I see about this, the more I don't want to even bother watching this show. This is the most cringeworthy one I've seen so far.

WARNING: May cause you to lose all faith in book to movie adaptations.

Just like you, the more I find out about this series the less interested I am.

Now Amazon owns everything LOTR, which is kinda sad.

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/03/amazon-buys-right-the-hobbit-tolkien-al1/

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Looks like prosthetics are back on the menu boys!

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.