New Blog Post: The Winter Road Review

Read Now
Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Memories of Ice Discussion

That prologue made me...

Confusing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Spoiler

Part 1: Is the Rent at Morn the same thing as what we saw in DHG when Felisin et all get pulled into the warren and it had to be sealed by the T'lan Imass using the soul of one of their own?

Part 2: So Kallor curses the 3 elder gods after they curse him. We met K'rul in GotM, so we already know that his curse became reality. So now I am racking my brain for clues to the other two. I think Draconus made a weapon that was then used against him, but what? And Sister, will we meet her before she is torn apart, or did it already happen? I love how Erikson builds tension and suspense with these "mysteries". It is what I look forward to with each book.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:27 AM, Stacyejaye said:

That prologue made me...

Confusing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Hide contents

Part 1: Is the Rent at Morn the same thing as what we saw in DHG when Felisin et all get pulled into the warren and it had to be sealed by the T'lan Imass using the soul of one of their own?

Part 2: So Kallor curses the 3 elder gods after they curse him. We met K'rul in GotM, so we already know that his curse became reality. So now I am racking my brain for clues to the other two. I think Draconus made a weapon that was then used against him, but what? And Sister, will we meet her before she is torn apart, or did it already happen? I love how Erikson builds tension and suspense with these "mysteries". It is what I look forward to with each book.

SPOILERS

Spoiler

I totally forgot we met K'rul in GoTM, all the fantasy names bleed together for me sometimes.  I thought I was following along pretty well but now I'm looking for clues.

The Wire Reaction GIF

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

12 minutes ago, Steve said:

Has anyone else been able to grab a trade paperback version of this book?  It's so strange to me that a series so popular is only available in mass market paperback

No and I've checked everywhere. I am starting to think it is was never printed in trade format. Wouldn't it be cool if Amazon could print any book in trade size? The traditional publishing world needs to learn to work with Amazon and take advantage of print on demand. They are missing out on potential profits 

3 hours ago, Steve said:

Tried immersive reading with this one, but I kept wanting to go back because I felt like I missed everything. 😐

Really feeling the length of this one, is it just me?

I'm out commiting to 1 chapter a day, but I don't have a problem reading multiple books at a time. So, for me it doesn't feel long, but I can see how it would feel that way if it was all I was reading. There's a lot going here and without a break, it would definitely feel daunting 

I think I'm going to buy the entire series in mmpb's when the time comes... I'm reading the ebook so luckily it's not too bad that it's this format but still. Some nice hardcovers really wouldn't hurt!