Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Friday Conversations

After last week and having too much fun with @Jolien Reads @EpicTalez & @MaedBetweenthePages I think we might be going back to a weekly Friday Conversation schedule with a group. The group will be an open door thing where if you can make it you're welcome to join but no worries if you aren't able to that week.  Rekindled Reader will be joining us in two weeks and The Critical Dragon this coming Friday!  I'll be inviting an extra person or two depending on who make it every week.

I'm enjoying the group setting and relaxed atmosphere. 

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

8 hours ago, Amazing Worlds said:

I´d love to take part, depending on the time though...

We're full this coming week but would love to chat with you if you can swing the time difference!  Jolien stays up late with us 😴

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

4 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

It's Friday's at midnight our time José!

10 minutes ago, Steve said:

We're full this coming week but would love to chat with you if you can swing the time difference!  Jolien stays up late with us 😴

My issue is that the boys will wake me up super early on Saturday and I cannot pay the interest.

However, I reckon I could do the last Friday of July as I will be by myself then and I can be a zombie on Saturday without having to mind the wife and kids.

1 hour ago, Amazing Worlds said:

My issue is that the boys will wake me up super early on Saturday and I cannot pay the interest.

However, I reckon I could do the last Friday of July as I will be by myself then and I can be a zombie on Saturday without having to mind the wife and kids.

Here we go:

Steve IRL

This coming Friday we'll have guests @Jolien Reads, RJ Reads and Seasons of Albadone author Christopher Warman! I plan to ask everyone about characters, reading and writing them - making us care about characters.  Seasons of Albadone did a great job in making you care about characters that would normally be NPC's.

Next Friday we'll have Book Blather and author Mike Shel.  I want to ask Mike about writing about characters with trauma and mental health struggles and get readers perspectives, too.

Steve IRL

Just a note to say that I thought the episode this week was spectacular. The differences of opinion were so engaging. I was finding myself in complete disagreement with some of Jose's points but he was so eloquent in how he communicated them that it made for a wonderful couple of hour's entertainment. Lana and Kayla were also terrific in detailing their own ideas. A real triumph :)

I 'was'. I fell off the wagon during / after Book 9 though I was reading them as they were coming out so was having to wait between books and lost the thread amidst all of what felt like filler. I'll pick it up again in the future :)

hahahaha, healthy discourse is the way forward. In matters of personal taste nobody is right or wrong and every opinion is worth listening to so long as there is engagement. 

Thanks again for having me on Steve. I hope I can make it again at some point.