Steve

The Prince of Nothing Deep Dive Part by Part Podcast

2 hours ago, Katerina said:

Yes, I'll be free on the 22th, too. Should be able to finish Part I by then as well.

To give everyone enough time to get through Part I let's plan for the 29th.  Here's the event on the calendar, RSVP if you will be attending. I'm looking forward to it!

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

36 minutes ago, Steve said:

To give everyone enough time to get through Part I let's plan for the 29th.  Here's the event on the calendar, RSVP if you will be attending. I'm looking forward to it!

Perfect. Can't wait!

1 hour ago, Edosa Omoruyi said:

Hi Steve! I’d love to participate in the discussion if a spot is still available! Been meaning to read this series for awhile now so this is exciting!

Of course! Just RSVP on the calendar event above so we know you'll be joining us. Looking forward to it!

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the response to this. Thanks to all of you who are coming by to chat about the first part of the book. I didn’t know if anyone would be interested.

Really looking forward to talking with all of you who are attending 🤘🏼

Steve IRL

@Katerina @Edosa Omoruyi @drpuffnstuff @P.L. Stuart @EpicTalez

Posted this same link in the calendar event, but posting it here just in case. FYI the calendar should adjust automatically to your time zone, but for reference it's 4pm EST, 3pm CST, 2pm MST and 1pm PST. 

Streamyard link: https://streamyard.com/ybn37e4g46

Click the link to join the meetup. I'm recording with StreamYard but you do not need a camera to connect to the meeting. I'll probably have mine on just out of habit but it's not required and it will only be released as a podcast. Headphones are a plus if you have some handy to reduce the amount of echo. I'm usually there a few minutes early to help get setup and answer questions. We'll organize a little before recording, but we like to have more of an open floor type of discussion. If there are any topics you'd like to discuss please feel free to bring them up during our discussion. We all share the space together.

Thanks to all who are joining!

Steve IRL

11 minutes ago, drpuffnstuff said:

Thanks Steve and Katerina. That was fun. Going to do chores and listen to you talk books now.

Thanks for coming to chat with us! I learned a ton from both of you.

Podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1793148/11050811

Here's next weeks event:

Steve IRL

That's pretty cool! I listened to a minute of it just to see how bad my voice and mic were.. I will get my headphones for next time and hopefully that will be better. I was in a rush to get home right before it started so I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked to have been, my apologies.

23 hours ago, drpuffnstuff said:

That's pretty cool! I listened to a minute of it just to see how bad my voice and mic were.. I will get my headphones for next time and hopefully that will be better. I was in a rush to get home right before it started so I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked to have been, my apologies.

It didn't sound bad at all! Looking forward to next week

Steve IRL

On 7/31/2022 at 12:48 AM, Steve said:

The podcast is by far the most popular content in the first day that I've ever posted.

Oh that's very nice! I'm looking forward to next week. 😊

8 hours ago, MarkM said:

Impressed with the podcast so far and not surprised it’s been popular. Are there plans for livestreams with the same group?

I’ve been thinking about a livestream, @Katerinaand @drpuffnstuff are on their re read. Not sure if they’d be interested in a video livestream 🤔

Steve IRL

9 hours ago, Steve said:

I’ve been thinking about a livestream, @Katerinaand @drpuffnstuff are on their re read. Not sure if they’d be interested in a video livestream 🤔

I would attempt it. After we spend 5 hours talking about this first book, I don't know how much there will be to talk about lol.. The best and worst parts, overall takeaways, the things we anticipate for the next book, the state of Earwa after the first book..? I guess we could find things to talk about. We all have mostly used video for the podcast anyways, so it wouldn't be that different. Introverted me wants to say NOOOO, all my friends will see me and they will make memes, and the strangers lol.. but extroverted me enjoys talking to Steve and Katerina on the podcast, and I think it would be fun to have a wrap up talk and see what people who listened and read along thought. In short, if my podcast friends want to, I will lol

20 hours ago, drpuffnstuff said:

I would attempt it. After we spend 5 hours talking about this first book, I don't know how much there will be to talk about lol.. The best and worst parts, overall takeaways, the things we anticipate for the next book, the state of Earwa after the first book..? I guess we could find things to talk about. We all have mostly used video for the podcast anyways, so it wouldn't be that different. Introverted me wants to say NOOOO, all my friends will see me and they will make memes, and the strangers lol.. but extroverted me enjoys talking to Steve and Katerina on the podcast, and I think it would be fun to have a wrap up talk and see what people who listened and read along thought. In short, if my podcast friends want to, I will lol

@drpuffnstuff pretty much summarized my thoughts on the subject 🙂 I’d be open to it. 

22 hours ago, drpuffnstuff said:

2 hours ago, Katerina said:

@drpuffnstuff pretty much summarized my thoughts on the subject 🙂 I’d be open to it. 

I'm excited to finish it off with a lives stream if you'd both be up for it!

Steve IRL

10 hours ago, MarkM said:

Did you 3 record video or just audio for the first 2 parts? Do you plan to post that on YouTube?

The idea was to have it be audio only, I used streamyard for the discussions and grabbed the audio from them.

I have the files and could post them but wouldn’t do that without approval from @drpuffnstuff and @Katerina

Steve IRL

9 hours ago, Steve said:

The idea was to have it be audio only, I used streamyard for the discussions and grabbed the audio from them.

I have the files and could post them but wouldn’t do that without approval from @drpuffnstuff and @Katerina

Ehh its already on the internets. So I don't see much difference between podcast platforms and YouTube since they will be audio only until the wrap up stream. Its really your channel and your choice, thanks for asking though. You have my approval to do whatever you feel like.