Jump to content
Steve

Plans for the Weekend

Recommended Posts

The usual gamma male stuff: take kids to swimming lessons, take kids to tennis lessons, do the shopping, help kids with homework, try to do some tidy up and fix the little one's bike, which I have been meaning to do for three weeks now.

Some private tutoring on Saturday, squeeze a gentle run ahead of my next race on Sunday morning, hopefully followed by a recovery breakfast. Then Sunday afternoon boring stuff at home before the all amazing livestrea with Ian over at my channel to decide on the next big fantasy series for next year, while ejoying a bottle of St Bernardus 12 quadruple.

Hopefully the right balance between personal and family time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Steve said:

I'm always afraid to chop cupboards or countertops to modify them, share pics with us on how it turns out!

The Pictures of my weekend cupboard butchery!!
Before - Gap too small for Fridgeimage.thumb.png.08bdd01de8ab2bae14c37a71fddcc105.png
image.thumb.png.7b788fb2b82f1773c54c7a1311fa3b7a.pngimage.thumb.png.d09c71510f1d013fe91dad4d5e6c75ac.pngTake half of top cupboard and chuck it over there, Remove half of bottom cupboard and bolt original end to new end

 

Chop Work surface and reattach to butchered mini cupboard 
image.thumb.png.c78ba625d71f4ca99ce8d7d3b9478649.png

 

Insert fridge in new fridge sized gap
image.thumb.png.fe00ac404e2e9c6b6b0756d093a20fd0.png

 

image.thumb.png.bbd9b3a599f6ff860c218fe84946f728.pngFind & put up discarded wine rack cupboard where it was chucked earlier

Collapse on sofa with beer!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A_FROG_IN_TIME said:

The Pictures of my weekend cupboard butchery!!
Before - Gap too small for Fridgeimage.thumb.png.08bdd01de8ab2bae14c37a71fddcc105.png
image.thumb.png.7b788fb2b82f1773c54c7a1311fa3b7a.pngimage.thumb.png.d09c71510f1d013fe91dad4d5e6c75ac.pngTake half of top cupboard and chuck it over there, Remove half of bottom cupboard and bolt original end to new end

 

Chop Work surface and reattach to butchered mini cupboard 
image.thumb.png.c78ba625d71f4ca99ce8d7d3b9478649.png

 

Insert fridge in new fridge sized gap
image.thumb.png.fe00ac404e2e9c6b6b0756d093a20fd0.png

 

image.thumb.png.bbd9b3a599f6ff860c218fe84946f728.pngFind & put up discarded wine rack cupboard where it was chucked earlier

Collapse on sofa with beer!!

 

 

Impressive!


Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve spent this weekend catching up on some R&R/reading (currently on the book I won in your giveaway).

Really happy I also get Monday off work before another chaotic week at the A&E. Furthermore I’m spending some quality time with Sookie the Farm Cat as the fiancé and our daughter are visiting family in Scotland. 

 

A55B913F-A050-4D23-91C4-9FDE81CD30AC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, A_FROG_IN_TIME said:

I need to get some sealant tomorrow for the edges and then I need to plumb the fridge in to get the ice and cold water feature sorted, but otherwise sorted. 

It's always that strange feeling when you start cutting into stuff that there's no turning back

200.gif


Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sheena said:

I’ve spent this weekend catching up on some R&R/reading (currently on the book I won in your giveaway).

Really happy I also get Monday off work before another chaotic week at the A&E. Furthermore I’m spending some quality time with Sookie the Farm Cat as the fiancé and our daughter are visiting family in Scotland. 

 

A55B913F-A050-4D23-91C4-9FDE81CD30AC.jpeg

 

Awesome! How are you enjoying The Parkland?


Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Steve said:

 

Awesome! How are you enjoying The Parkland?

I’m enjoying it a lot 😊 Reading the last story tomorrow and will probably buy his other book very soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sheena said:

I’m enjoying it a lot 😊 Reading the last story tomorrow and will probably buy his other book very soon!

That's great to hear! I've heard lots of good things about his other book, too


Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, A_FROG_IN_TIME said:

The Pictures of my weekend cupboard butchery!!
Before - Gap too small for Fridgeimage.thumb.png.08bdd01de8ab2bae14c37a71fddcc105.png
image.thumb.png.7b788fb2b82f1773c54c7a1311fa3b7a.pngimage.thumb.png.d09c71510f1d013fe91dad4d5e6c75ac.pngTake half of top cupboard and chuck it over there, Remove half of bottom cupboard and bolt original end to new end

 

Chop Work surface and reattach to butchered mini cupboard 
image.thumb.png.c78ba625d71f4ca99ce8d7d3b9478649.png

 

Insert fridge in new fridge sized gap
image.thumb.png.fe00ac404e2e9c6b6b0756d093a20fd0.png

 

image.thumb.png.bbd9b3a599f6ff860c218fe84946f728.pngFind & put up discarded wine rack cupboard where it was chucked earlier

Collapse on sofa with beer!!

 

 

Now that is an alpha Male there.

On another note,  I would automatically distrust someone with a fridge that big who is clearly adept at chopping off things with power tools...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just DNF'd another book consistent with my reputation. 😂 Wasn't understanding anything. Planning to join a Robin Hobb livestream in about 30 mins. Then probably read a new general fiction book or a fantasy short story collection.

Edited by Paromita Mukherjee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paromita Mukherjee said:

Just DNF'd another book consistent with my reputation. 😂 Wasn't understanding anything. Planning to join a Robin Hobb livestream in about 30 mins. Then probably read a new general fiction book or a fantasy short story collection.

DNFing can feel good! What book was it? (if you don't mind me asking)


Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are everyone’s plans this week?

Had to come into work today for some early morning meets for employees who enjoy complaining so brought my bike with me. After the meetings heading out to the trails. 
 

Friday Conversation tonight, talking Nemesis Games Saturday and a Page Chewing episode Sunday morning. 


Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve said:

What are everyone’s plans this week?

Had to come into work today for some early morning meets for employees who enjoy complaining so brought my bike with me. After the meetings heading out to the trails. 
 

Friday Conversation tonight, talking Nemesis Games Saturday and a Page Chewing episode Sunday morning. 

Always a bummer having to work on a day off. Hopefully the biking can help make up for it! I’m excited for Friday conversations, but will probably have to catch the replay. 

1 hour ago, Paromita Mukherjee said:

Really want to finish The Lonesome Crown by Brian Lee Durfee and start a new book this weekend. So lots of reading lined up. 

I am extremely excited to read the Five Warrior Angels trilogy next year! Hope it finishes up well for you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will be getting our Christmas tree tomorrow and putting up all of the winter decorations in the house. Hoping I can get away with just getting all of the boxes with decorations and then hide somewhere with a book😂 whenever I try to put up holiday decorations they always get changed anyways so I might as well step aside and let my girlfriend decorate while I read with pets. I should finish up the Age of Madness trilogy this weekend and then going to start the Winternight trilogy!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a few pages left in House of Chains, then starting The Monsters We Feed and The Healer by @A_FROG_IN_TIME


Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Steve said:

Just a few pages left in House of Chains, then starting The Monsters We Feed and The Healer by @A_FROG_IN_TIME

Oh nice! I'm about 40% into The Healer and really liking it. I paused it a bit for Children of Memory and The Lonesome Crown, will get back to it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ohh I went and grabbed the first 2 Malazan books from my bookshelf at my moms. So I will probably flip through them and see how well I can remember. Other than that, My dad will be down south gambling so I will probably go and join him for a day of losing money. Ive been playing Ghosts of Tushima so hopefully I will get a bit further through that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paromita Mukherjee said:

Oh nice! I'm about 40% into The Healer and really liking it. I paused it a bit for Children of Memory and The Lonesome Crown, will get back to it soon.

you stopped reading it!!! How very dare you!
🤣

Out of interest, what chapter are you on now? I should probably give you a quick warning that the end of chapter 29 is a little gory, but I do not dwell on it. 
Just a heads up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This weekend is the end of a week off. I have opticians tomorrow morning, followed by walking the dog and then working on the second part pf the Vellia duology, The Destroyer.
Sunday, will be doing something during the day with the other half and then settling down with a roast dinner to watch England vs Senegal in the world cup... My hopes are not high, I reckon Senegal are looking good.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...