Steve

Plans for the Weekend

1 hour ago, A_FROG_IN_TIME said:

you stopped reading it!!! How very dare you!
🤣

Out of interest, what chapter are you on now? I should probably give you a quick warning that the end of chapter 29 is a little gory, but I do not dwell on it. 
Just a heads up.

You had me at gory

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

2 hours ago, Nina_Bloodsworn said:

its going to be cold this weekend. my plan is to cozy up and read. 

going to visit my dad in his care facility with my daughter - to say hello and see what he is up there. ;)

hopefully I can get some workout in. 

thankfully December is always very cozy. 

Being cozy and reading is the best

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

8 minutes ago, Steve said:

Being cozy and reading is the best

Agreed! Cold and snowy outside curled up on the couch with a book, pets, fireplace going, and a warm mug of tea is one of my favorite simple pleasures in the world 

The usual gamma male stuff.

Then try to find time for a couple of runs, want to do ten miles on Sunday.

put up the 🌲. We have a tradition where I hoist my children on my shoulders to put the star at the top and my wife takes a photo. My seven year old is of a size where that is a proper squat workout…

Thoroughly un exciting just realized…

21 hours ago, Steve said:

What are everyone’s plans this week?

Had to come into work today for some early morning meets for employees who enjoy complaining so brought my bike with me. After the meetings heading out to the trails. 

Friday Conversation tonight, talking Nemesis Games Saturday and a Page Chewing episode Sunday morning. 

Hope you had fun on the trails!!

Pretty chill weekend planned here. The temperature suddenly dropped to around the freezing point and there's this viciously cold wind outside, so I am cosying up with a nice tea and some good reads. Also snipping away at the latest Friday Conversation of course. Wasn't familiar with any of the guests, but it's been fun to listen to them chat :)

15 hours ago, A_FROG_IN_TIME said:

you stopped reading it!!! How very dare you!
🤣

Out of interest, what chapter are you on now? I should probably give you a quick warning that the end of chapter 29 is a little gory, but I do not dwell on it. 
Just a heads up.

I am on Chapter 26. Thanks for the heads up! 

What is everyone’s plans this weekend?

I’ll be reading The Healer by @A_FROG_IN_TIME and Trials of Ashmount by @John Palladino

On Friday afternoon we have the first Aspect Emperor podcast with @drpuffnstuffand @Katerina. We took a week off and last Friday was weird not seeing them. Friday Conversation with @H.C. Newell, @Jolien Reads and Halo Scot. Then Saturday meeting with Steven Erickson, @Layla Azmi Goushey and @Katerina to discuss House of Chains. I’m a little nervous for that one.

Hopefully doing almost nothing on Sunday other than a little content.

Steve IRL

I'm tuning in for the Friday conversation after work.  It is a nice way to end the work week.  I've taken a huge amount of notes for the Erickson interview so I think we will have plenty to talk about 😀.  I'll try to update my googledoc later....

I'm also finishing up @John Palladino's book.  I want to join the discussion next week.

40 minutes ago, Layla Azmi Goushey said:

I'm tuning in for the Friday conversation after work.  It is a nice way to end the work week.  I've taken a huge amount of notes for the Erickson interview so I think we will have plenty to talk about 😀.  I'll try to update my googledoc later....

I'm also finishing up @John Palladino's book.  I want to join the discussion next week.

I’m so happy to hear you have lots of questions! 😅 I’ll be refreshing and getting my thoughts together tomorrow for it. Steven Erikson had been really kind and generous with his time. For such a well known author it’s been a little surprising

Steve IRL

1 minute ago, Steve said:

I’m so happy to hear you have lots of questions! 😅 I’ll be refreshing and getting my thoughts together tomorrow for it. Steven Erikson had been really kind and generous with his time. For such a well known author it’s been a little surprising

I've always felt that to fully understand a book, knowledge of the author's intent is important so it seems he has a similar perspective. It is great that he is accessible to readers.

I've changed my plans this weekend. Was supposed to be going out for Christmas dinner tonight but not been feeling great all week and I've cried off of it! 

I do have to attend a 40th birthday party tomorrow night but we'll see how my energy levels hold up. I've got a recorded conversation to do with some friends on Sunday about the Sight and Sound top films of all time poll that was just released which I'm looking forward to. 

In terms of reading, I've done very little all week due to not feeling well so have a couple of hundred pages of Trials of Ashmount to finish before I start Eleventh Cycle. 

This weekend is busy on the booktube related stuff! Tonight ofcourse the Friday Conversation, tomorrow evening I have a Liveship Traders conversation on Joana's Chanel, and Sunday we have the Trouble With Peace conversation on my channel together with Raf and José. 

Besides that I have filming planned, a walk with the dogs, and a visit to my brother on Sunday. I had planned for this weekend to be a bit calmer buuuut I am finally allowed to submit my paper today so that means working until the Friday conversation start, and I have also received green light to make a manuscript for a congress that is being held in Boston, deadline next week. So this weekend will be filled with a lot of job related stuff.

5 hours ago, chrisM said:

I've changed my plans this weekend. Was supposed to be going out for Christmas dinner tonight but not been feeling great all week and I've cried off of it! 

I do have to attend a 40th birthday party tomorrow night but we'll see how my energy levels hold up. I've got a recorded conversation to do with some friends on Sunday about the Sight and Sound top films of all time poll that was just released which I'm looking forward to. 

In terms of reading, I've done very little all week due to not feeling well so have a couple of hundred pages of Trials of Ashmount to finish before I start Eleventh Cycle. 

Ah man I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. If for some reason you feel good enough to jump on the Friday Convo let me know, you're always welcome.

5 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

This weekend is busy on the booktube related stuff! Tonight ofcourse the Friday Conversation, tomorrow evening I have a Liveship Traders conversation on Joana's Chanel, and Sunday we have the Trouble With Peace conversation on my channel together with Raf and José. 

Besides that I have filming planned, a walk with the dogs, and a visit to my brother on Sunday. I had planned for this weekend to be a bit calmer buuuut I am finally allowed to submit my paper today so that means working until the Friday conversation start, and I have also received green light to make a manuscript for a congress that is being held in Boston, deadline next week. So this weekend will be filled with a lot of job related stuff.

Busy weekend! Happy to hear you're submitting your paper!!

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Nothing crazy here. Putting up some more Christmas lights. Should finish the Winternight trilogy. Tune in to Friday conversations tonight and Trouble with Peace discussion on Sunday. Play some Skyrim. Go for a snowy hike

It's the perfect time of year for some Skyrim. A hot cup of coffee, slippers and Skyrim

christian bale GIF by Maudit

Steve IRL

had a long weekend so far .. thursday was a public holiday and we were invited to an early christmas party at a friends house

yesterday we've been to a funeral 

today going to visit my dad at his care home and making reading and workout plans (more brainstorming for concrete plans and goals) for 2023 plus listening to Kings of Heaven and  reading Mirror's Truth (I'd never listen to this one)

tomorrow - chill, packing/driving to a clients office for work Mo-We. i love to drive there - now that it will be snowing it will be chaos but with an audio all is relative. 😊

Man, that Friday Conversation was so awesome! I planned to fall asleep during it, watching from bed but it was so entertaining I was buzzed 😀

I’ve got a day in bed planned as I’m still under the weather but that just means movies and books all day! 
Everyone has such beautiful ways to spend their time in the cold. Its a bit inspiring. I hope everyone’s weekend continues to be great. 

21 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

I have also received green light to make a manuscript for a congress that is being held in Boston, deadline next week. So this weekend will be filled with a lot of job related stuff.

Congratulations. That sounds like progress. I'm so pleased.

No need to respond back, you're a busy Empress. 😀

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Congratulations. That sounds like progress. I'm so pleased.

No need to respond back, you're a busy Empress. 😀

Haha I always have time for you guys! And thanks! I do hope all of it will be successful because I couldn't ask for a better present to get into the holiday period and close off the year! I don't have my hopes up for Boston but at the very least preparing that abstract is a good step for my second manuscript (the final one I need to complete). And who knows, maybe I'll visit Boston for the first time in a couple of months!

23 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

I had planned for this weekend to be a bit calmer buuuut I am finally allowed to submit my paper today so that means working until the Friday conversation start, and I have also received green light to make a manuscript for a congress that is being held in Boston, deadline next week. So this weekend will be filled with a lot of job related stuff.

Best wishes. 🌷

4 minutes ago, Jolien Reads said:

Haha I always have time for you guys! And thanks! I do hope all of it will be successful because I couldn't ask for a better present to get into the holiday period and close off the year! I don't have my hopes up for Boston but at the very least preparing that abstract is a good step for my second manuscript (the final one I need to complete). And who knows, maybe I'll visit Boston for the first time in a couple of months!

🎁

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents,” grumbled Jo, lying on the rug. "

- first line of Little Women, which I've just started.

Hope you get to visit Boston, if not on business, then pleasure, or better yet, both. I've been fortunate to have had a lot of good times in Boston, some I can even remember.