Steve

Plans for the Weekend

20 hours ago, Esmay Rosalyne said:

I am so excited for the GoT stream this afternoon, really happy I decided to squeeze that book in before this liveshow. I will probably only be able to stay for 30-45 minutes because of dinner, but that's still enough time to chat and have fun with you guys. 

Currently re-reading Of Darkness and Light in prep for book 3 coming out in 4 days, I AM SO READY!
 @Nina_Bloodsworn, I saw you mention that you are going on a tiny fantasy break after that ARC... do I need to emotionally prepare myself?!

so far it did not hit me emotional - but for you it might be. i am only 46% in btw. 

but i feel a fantasy slump coming up bc of these big stories - so I need some space otherwise its going to be a slump and thats not good. i need some breather after GoT and OWAR. its too much epic. 

2 hours ago, Nina_Bloodsworn said:

so far it did not hit me emotional - but for you it might be. i am only 46% in btw. 

but i feel a fantasy slump coming up bc of these big stories - so I need some space otherwise its going to be a slump and thats not good. i need some breather after GoT and OWAR. its too much epic. 

I tend to be a bit of a brick when it comes to getting emotional over a story, so we'll see how things go, lol. 
Can totally see why GoT and OWAR back to back put you in a bit of an epic fantasy slump, those are chunky books. Do you have anything in mind to break up the big fantasy books? 

27 minutes ago, Esmay Rosalyne said:

I tend to be a bit of a brick when it comes to getting emotional over a story, so we'll see how things go, lol. 
Can totally see why GoT and OWAR back to back put you in a bit of an epic fantasy slump, those are chunky books. Do you have anything in mind to break up the big fantasy books? 

I am a bit of an iceblock myself .. its emotionally written at times - which is really good but no crying so far. also I am not so invested i am afraid .. unfortunately its all the pressure of the buddy read and the release date way too soon to arc-sent. so i took a step back and read on my own pace without a lot of buddy-reading for it. can't take it right now. 

SF: Leviathan Wakes
HF: Gates of Rome by Conn Iggulden

Wolf of Wessex by M. Harffy

The Cross and the Curse by M. Harffy

and loads of Manga 🤣

lost the safe space we talked about .. the pressure was too much and i did not want to pick up OWAR for a day - so i am splitting my reading time between OWAR, Manga and actually now listening to Wayward Children 2 (Down Among the Stickes and Bones). Next audio will be either Leviathan Wakes or Gates of Rome depending on how my mood is.

2 hours ago, Nina_Bloodsworn said:

I am a bit of an iceblock myself .. its emotionally written at times - which is really good but no crying so far. also I am not so invested i am afraid .. unfortunately its all the pressure of the buddy read and the release date way too soon to arc-sent. so i took a step back and read on my own pace without a lot of buddy-reading for it. can't take it right now. 

SF: Leviathan Wakes
HF: Gates of Rome by Conn Iggulden

Wolf of Wessex by M. Harffy

The Cross and the Curse by M. Harffy

and loads of Manga 🤣

We can both be iceblocks, it's fine, hahah. Intrigued about the emotionally written scenes though, I can't wait to read this book!! So sorry to hear that the pressure has been tainting your reading experience though, Ryan did really cut it close with the ARC release...😶 I hope taking a step back will allow you to enjoy the story more. And those other reads sound like great choices as 'palate cleansers'. Time to find that safe space again, take it easy Nina 😘

Hope everyone had a great week!

What are everyones plans for the weekend?

On Friday have the Aspect Emperor podcast and the Friday Conversation. On Saturday getting some miles in on the bike, attending the Midnight Tides discussion and watching some football! On Sunday we will discuss From Hell and.. more football 😆

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

8 hours ago, Steve said:

On Friday have the Aspect Emperor podcast and the Friday Conversation. On Saturday getting some miles in on the bike, attending the Midnight Tides discussion and watching some football! On Sunday we will discuss From Hell and.. more football 😆

You have some great guests lined up for this friday conversation, really looking forward to listening to that one over the weekend! My only plans are binge reading Of War and Ruin by Ryan Cahill, haha. The weather is crap here, so we're making it a cosy and chill weekend. Enjoy your bikeride and football ;)))

11 hours ago, Steve said:

If weather is not shit, I want to return to mountain bike training. Also probably some binge read these days

Hope eveyone with good weather will enjoy it :D

We had snow the last two days, even though it was right around freezing point and mos of it is mush at this point. Gonna probably take a walk tomorrow, then enjoy being a couch potato and mostly play video-games, paint a painting I'm working, embroidering and trying to read about 270 pages of Game of Thrones over the next few days if I can help it! So efinitely fun filled 😄

7 hours ago, HansLibraryCorner said:

Hope eveyone with good weather will enjoy it :D

We had snow the last two days, even though it was right around freezing point and mos of it is mush at this point. Gonna probably take a walk tomorrow, then enjoy being a couch potato and mostly play video-games, paint a painting I'm working, embroidering and trying to read about 270 pages of Game of Thrones over the next few days if I can help it! So efinitely fun filled 😄

Sounds like a great weekend Hans! What are you currently painting?

4 hours ago, JosephRcarrel said:

Just sitting here watching the Bengals do work. Steve your going to look great in orange and black lol. 

Did the bet still stand? I’ll wear a bengals shirt on next weeks update. If the chiefs lose I’ll be happy!

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

How is everyone’s weekend going? 

its been pretty busy here. On Friday we went out for dinner and drinks with friends. 

6F980D91-1360-41AE-AA05-4DC961E989AE.jpeg7840A1E5-7136-4CEF-AE1F-95A1B7906A84.jpeg

On Saturday went to see Infinity Pool and went out again with friends for dinner.

8E7DFC32-5FBC-4F6C-92C0-BB2551962363.jpeg
66B4B18E-BD97-4AE2-A33B-42548ED4E2EA.jpeg

Today we had our Strange Days meetup and edited some videos. Busy weekend!

How are all of you?

Steve IRL