Steve

Welcome to the Writers Battle Club!

I forgot the forum had the Clubs feature, I think this would be a great way to keep everything organized and everyone together in one place.

In this club, we can submit files, create topics and images.

Please take a look around and let me know how we can make this better if we have ideas. So far the signups are:

Judges:

@arettger22

@jamedi

@Holly Tinsley

Writers:

@NCKoussis

@A_FROG_IN_TIME

@Thomas

@Layla Azmi Goushey

Some rules from @arettger22 other group that we can modify but it might be a good starting point. The files can be submitted here in the Club

Writer’s Battle Rules

This is a friendly writing competition that will pit authors against each other. At the start of every month, you will be supplied a prompt (either an image, text, or video) and you will have to come up with an entirely original story based on the prompt. Each judge will rate your story out of five based on four categories. Then, once all judges have submitted their scores, the average of each category will be taken and that will be your “total” score for the month. At the start of a new month, a new prompt will be released and you will have a chance to add to your “total” points. The writer with the most points at the end of the year (or contest period) is declared the winner!

Rules are as follows:

1. Please aim to have the stories fall within the 1000-3000 word count

2. The four categories are:

1. Originality

2. Genre?

3. How well the prompt is used

4. Overall writing and structure

3. Submissions must be in by the last day of the month by 11:59:59PM CST

Please submit your stories in .DOC or .DOCX format… Also, not sure what your thoughts are on submitting the stories. The FB group just has the writer’s e-mail the judges but it’d be cool if we can figure out a way so that people can read the stories on the forum who aren’t competing in the contest.

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

We might be close to having enough people! If you joined the club please let us know if you’d like to write or judge so we can get a head count for both!

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

1 hour ago, Steve said:

We might be close to having enough people! If you joined the club please let us know if you’d like to write or judge so we can get a head count for both!

I mean, if it's something like 5 short stories per month, I'm open to be judge if people are okay with it

8 hours ago, jamedi said:

I mean, if it's something like 5 short stories per month, I'm open to be judge if people are okay with it

Added you and @Holly Tinsley to the list of judges!

Steve IRL

23 minutes ago, arettger22 said:

I’m more than happy to come up with prompts! Or to make it fair we can split prompt duty amongst the judges if they’re willing to take that on

That sounds good either way!