Pasanda

What series are you currently watching.

On 7/9/2022 at 2:59 AM, Steve said:

Have you read The Boys comic by chance?

Up to Stranger Things episode 4 and it does get better.

Yes I have read a bit of the first omnibus, a friend of mine has it, I did not get the chance to finish the story (was before Covid). 

It's even more sex and violence than the show 😆, but what I read I liked.

9 hours ago, Jozua B said:

Yes I have read a bit of the first omnibus, a friend of mine has it, I did not get the chance to finish the story (was before Covid). 

It's even more sex and violence than the show 😆, but what I read I liked.

For as crude as the show is, the comic is worse - that is true!

The Boys Butcher GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Umbrella Academy didn’t really pique my interest. 

Are you enjoying Solar Opposites?

Yes loving it so far, absurd humor from the Rick and Morty people is just what I needed as palate cleanser😝.

Watching The Orville again with my wife, I liked it and now she does, it's more Star Trek than Star Trek 😅.

Started Supernatural for the first time, 10 episodes in and it's so retro... I'm loving it!

dean winchester what GIF

On 7/27/2022 at 1:44 PM, Jozua B said:

Watching The Orville again with my wife, I liked it and now she does, it's more Star Trek than Star Trek 😅.

Started Supernatural for the first time, 10 episodes in and it's so retro... I'm loving it!

dean winchester what GIF

I keep hearing how great Supernatural is... but I always thought of it as a teenage CW show.

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Watched the first episode of Paper Girls, the adaptation of the Brian K Vaughan comic series. I think the comic series is stylish, cool and one of the least likely to receive a live action version. 
The first episode is… 

pretty awful :( I’m a bit devastated  

On 7/29/2022 at 10:17 AM, bookchara said:

Man, it’s been too long since I checked in. Saw @Ashley/ReadNowSleepLtr reading sprints for tonight and I was like oh crap, I haven’t checked in with my creepingdeath peeps in a while. Currrently watching Alone (whatever season is available on Netflix). I think I have 1 episode left.

Danielle sighting!

19 hours ago, chrisM said:

Watched the first episode of Paper Girls, the adaptation of the Brian K Vaughan comic series. I think the comic series is stylish, cool and one of the least likely to receive a live action version. 
The first episode is… 

pretty awful :( I’m a bit devastated  

I've been wanting to read Paper Girls for the longest time. Bummed the adaptation isn't up to par

Steve IRL

On 7/28/2022 at 11:30 PM, Steve said:

I keep hearing how great Supernatural is... but I always thought of it as a teenage CW show.

I can 100% recommend sz1-5 of Supernatural (great story arc).

Yes it has teen angst episodes and it has episodes that are predictable, but it's everything I wanted...funny/amazing book and movie references/good enough horror scenes.

They even laugh with themselves about what kind of show they have.

dean winchester yes GIF